Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Squares

A friend from school was hosting a cocktail party this past weekend (I feel so grown up!), and I wanted to bring something delicious AND festive.  I decided to use a recipe I'd been eyeing, but with a little bit of a twist.

(I LOVE my iPhone...the pictures are pretty good!)

I used this recipe for the cake and this recipe for the frosting.  I'm not normally a huge fan of cream cheese frosting, but this wasn't overpoweringly strong...it tasted like buttercream with a kick.  

Instead of cupcakes, I just baked the batter in a square pan (it'll take quite a bit of extra baking time), let it cool, frosted it, and then cut it into squares.  

Mmmm...

Definitely something that would be tasty to make/bring to Thanksgiving dinner...
xoxoKate



1 comment:

  1. omg I'm droooling those little squares look DELICIOUS!! & cocktail parties are a definite perk of growing up :)

    ReplyDelete